Local Authority Catchment Science and Management Course
This Course will comprise three Modules:
- Module 1 (2021/22) – Setting the Scene, Catchment Science and Pressures
- To concentrate on the fundamental catchment science aspects and deal with the various pressures.
- To provide supporting information for the development of operational work plans.
- Six morning sessions over a five-week period via ZOOM. (3 days)
- Module 2 (2022/23) – Characterisation and Field Element
- Characterisation is critical to providing the understanding on which protection and mitigation actions/measures are based; 3 days, one of which will be a field trip, will outline and consider all the various desk and field aspects.
- Two full training days in training centres and one field day. (3 days)
- Module 3 (2022/23) – Protection and Mitigation
- Outline a recommended approach, with some examples, to decide on protection and mitigation strategies and measures/actions. In particular, it will cover public engagement and collaboration.
This course is for professionals working in the Local Authority Sector. If you have questions or comments on any of the course material please email firstname.lastname@example.org